Sunday, June 14, 2015

On Tack Hauls

So, if any of you know me from my forum posts, you know that I may have a shopping problem.

My entryway in the aftermath of Black Friday 2014

Some of you also know that since I work on a contract basis, there are times of the year when I have recently gotten several months worth of pay, with no more in sight for as many as 3 months after. Because it's now show season, and I just got paid, I have been buying a lot of stuff that I want/need for the upcoming months because if something came up that I really needed/would like to have, in 3 months I may not have the spare funds to buy it.

So, without further ado - all the things I've bought in the past two weeks.

Majyk Equipe Stadium Boots, front and hind. I have the front XC boots and have liked them, but these might be going back as I saw a pair of Acavallos at Dover for less money that I also really liked. I feel these were kind of expensive for what they are - I saw the BR Ultimo boots in Europe and they're basically identical but almost half the price, even with shipping.

MDC Stirrups. I bought the S Flex for my jumping saddle and the Sport Classic for my dressage saddle. I have had the older black Ultimates on my dressage saddle for awhile, but my foot goes numb and I really need a wider footbed. I tried the cheaper wide footbed nylon irons but I really can't deal with the light weight and decided to spring for what I really wanted. I had to back away slowly from the blue Lorenzinis, though. Trainer would make fun of me.
what I bought
what I wanted to buy

A new Harry's Horse show coat. I've been wearing a Horseware one, but the thin fabric just tends to bunch and look stupid on me, and the three button hunt coat with a stock tie and dressage boots is just not doing it for me. This one is a much thicker material that drapes better. Unfortunately the shoulders are a tiny bit big, but that's the story of my life - I have to buy big to fit my boobs and it's really hard to alter these types of show coats. So I just deal with it...

I bought an actual metric ton of saddle pads, but most of them are boring and uninteresting, but I did get this great one from Waldhausen:
Also purchased in an amazing raspberry with navy binding, which naturally I cannot find a picture of.

Returning to the boot realm, I bought the Woof Smart XC boots with the funky orange d3o goop that supposedly gets more protective the harder you hit it. These are pretty neat. Review coming in the future. I picked these up for 25% off retail at the smartpak attic:
I also bought a TON of breeches. I am in "boot camp" so to speak and see a personal trainer 3 times a week who also looks at my food journal and then gives me the mom glare so I eat more salads. I pay her a lot of money to do this. But that also means that since I am not eating pizza every day (if only I were 16 again...) I do not fit into my now-too-big breeches collection. So naturally I bought two pairs, told myself to be content, and then bought four more pairs because I lack self control. I will just post pictures with captions rather than describe what I bought, since you're growing old reading this:

TuffRider Element. Purchased in Anthracite and White

Cavallino Marino Verona in Navy with pink detail. I <3 HKM products.


Cavallino Marino Atlantis w/ crystals. Color is "Gray Blue" a really nice light smoke blue.

I bought a few more but Blogger has decided it's basically done hearing about this shopping spree and keeps replacing images and I don't care enough to try to figure out why it's doing that.

Moving on.

I also bought an overpriced bit, the Neue Schule Verbindend loose ring. Review will be upcoming on this one.

Does this look like it should cost $132?


AND drumroll please, I bought a new saddle!

Review is also forthcoming on this since I know there is not very much information about these saddles available. 


I bought lots of little things like brushes and hoofpicks and shampoo that I'm sure absolutely nobody is interested in. 

I also ordered some custom stock ties, but I will post about those when I get them, since there aren't any pictures yet and they are coming from New Zealand. Plus I need more future content.

Happy shopping everyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment